This banana cake is a great way of using up those ripe bananas. Easy to make and very tasty, you will get a great result every time. Great in a packed lunch or at a picnic as it doesn’t crumble and fall apart like your average sponge. This cake should stay fresh for days, but we don’t really know as it gets eaten up so quickly!
- Preheat oven to 180c and grease cake tin.
- Into a bowl sieve the flour, and add the baking powder, mix together.
- Blend the bananas until soft. Mash bananas well with a fork if you do not have a blender.
- Add sugar, oil, milk and vanilla essence to the bananas and blend until
- Gradually add the flour mixture and mix until all is combined well together.
- Pour mixture into cake tin and cook for 25 minutes, then turn down the heat to 160c and cook for a further 25 minutes. Remove from oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.